Veena

Being a water sign by birth, my inherent attraction to water bodies not only endangered my life on this planet but also of others who cared about my survival and well being!!! Days when my older sisters went to learn to befriend water, oblivious about what lies ahead of me and enticed by the blue waters, I once sneaked past my parents’s roving eyes…..slowly walked towards the deeper side of the pool and took my plunge….what was I thinking?? That I would float or the fact that water god(dess) would come and save my life?? The fact that such life and death scenarios did not stop even after I risked my existence….am sure at some point would have made my parents wonder whether I possessed SUICIDAL tendencies….least did they know that I just loved water more than my own life and just wanted to test if my love would be reciprocated!! Sometimes I wonder if this was the reason that my parents decided to settle in New Delhi…a landlocked place….which has the “waters” of Yamuna flowing in its suburbs….if one would actually consider calling them the waters since it seemed more of a humongous sewer rather than a river….to make sure and be rest assured that not even in my nearest dreams would I consider jumping into the so called “River” even if I wished to….and probably this is the secret behind my survival and write this blog!!
The very first day when I set footage into Chicago and excitedly told my family that there is a huge ocean equivalent lake – Lake Michigan in the Windy city and numerous beaches, their very instinctive reaction was “Veena, please be careful and don’t go too close to the waters and please don’t jump without giving a thought since there is noone out there to save your life!!!”…Ironical that at times parents treat their kids as kids….who inevitably no matter what, are bound to act impulsively and foolishly and yet at other times we get upgraded to the level of being mature individuals who are expected to act wisely!! After having lived in chicago it seems like my life has circumferenced....my attraction for water as a kid….being deprived of my “Valiant aka suicidal” acts….and now back to a place which transcends all boundaries!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment