Veena

Ignorance is Bliss…..is a statement that I truly long to apply in my life although its next to being impossible as that phase of life comes only once……Childhood!!!
Reading my sister’s blog on her childhood days this morning combined with the rain that almost drenched me transitioned me into a totally different world….that period of my life when everything was just what it was at face value….nothing intricate!!! Wish I had a time machine that would allow me to take a trip back to days of pure simple fun whenever nostalgia would cloud my mind.
Every summer during my schooling days I used to eagerly wait for the trip that me and my family would take to meet my grandparents in Trivandrum. The very moment with the onset of the train journey when I used to pester my father for cutlets and a steaming hot cup of filter coffee (every few minutes) which was a taboo by my mother for a lame reason that I would turn as dark as the coffee (yeah right)..…well she has the same ban for me now after 20 some years of my life…..to the very end of the journey culminating in my grandfather’s arms was an experience beyond words!! The rest of the days would just swish by with my grandfather trying to get me behave in his terms and conditions and me being the little one and the pampered would find ways to evade everything he would want me to do in a manner that would not offend him….although I would efficiently find time to nitpick to my grandpa about the deplorable nicknames my father used to address me just to irritate me…….so that he could be reprimanded……Hmmmmm…….those were the good old days of my life……
As and when a strong blow of rain intermingled with the wind shook me from one nostalgic moment….I immediately seeped into another one and another until I realized that I was the last one to hop off the bus…..my own sweet mirage being disillusioned with just one song crossing my mind….Koi Lauta de mere beete hue din(Someone return my sweet old days!)…….
0 Responses

Post a Comment